motor go boom

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Mon Mar 12 22:08:14 GMT 2001

Ryan,

Well, I know how you feel. It's no fun when this stuff happens. I've always
taken it as God's way of telling me to build something better. It can be hard
to tell what really causes a failure like this.

I've gotten to the point where I think a GM crate motor with a supercharger
is the way to go. Don't need to buy a killer $$$ setup. Just something that
is strong to 6K rpm max. Then lots of boost. Run it until it wears out & then
another crate motor (and I'm not mean-a' a ZZ4).

Really hope this helps. . .

BobR.

p.s. 10 years ago I bought over-the-counter alum Vette heads because it
was cheaper then having the smog heads rebuilt!