Torque converter problems?

Len Sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Thu Mar 15 15:11:25 GMT 2001

     For general principals, sniff the Tf , install fresh filter , fluid ,
check tcc Sol and
     wiring. Did someone rebuild trans and replace the converter ? We have
seen
     "some" rebuilt converters exhibit shudder on tcc lock. Great idea to
monitor
     line pressure too.  A GM service manual will step you through tcc shudder
     symptoms in the transmission section.
     Len