The lonely 1F file

Matthew D. Sandine msandine at purdue.edu
Wed May 2 02:56:13 GMT 2001

I have noticed that the computers after this one have a BPW stored in the
constants section or have some other obvious means of telling the 'puter
what the injector size is.
The 1F file has no obvious place for this. It does have a 'Injector pulse
width vs. Load value' however. Is this really the only place it accounts for
injector size? I need to trim mine down, because the BLM is bottomed at 108
and the O2 sensor is sky high. Plus, my 30 lb/hr injectors are a little too
much for right now. Might as well knock down a few other birds while I am at
it...
If I use a heated O2 sensor, I assume I could lower the 'Closed loop timer'
from 300 seconds down to something a little less. Right or wrong?
The fuel injector dilemma and a  bigger cam has attributed the IAC to do
some really weird things on Diacom, and my vacuum is only 5" when it is
acting up. I looked at some posted bins of other 85 Corvettes and the "IAC
steps vs. Coolant Temp" values were at 50 for normal operating open loop
conditions. I will shoot for this IF I can trim down my fuel, but right now,
there is so much fuel in the mix that when the BLM bottoms out, the IAC
tries to help out...too much, giving me the poor vacuum.
Since there was no help file with my 1F, I assume that the Mass Air flow
tables tell the computer how much air is getting in vs. the reading. If the
mass air flow sensor has been modified, should these values be boosted up a
smidgeon?
Thanks for the help. I am 240 miles away from my car and finally got the
stuff needed to fix it. I only have three weeks to get it running correctly
before I can either drive her or let her sit for another 6 months. Just
trying to get a head start. -Matt-