S10 swap

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Thu May 3 03:48:02 GMT 2001

Sure, the easy way to keep the factory injection is to use whatever came
with the V8 originally.  Pitch the 4.3 and the CPI and install a
complete engine, with it's original accessories, computer, wiring, etc.
A TBI engine from a full size truck would be an excellent choice,
although your state might have problems with an older motor in a newer
vehicle.  That's what I did with my S-10 conversion (86 blazer, 350 from
a '91 Caprice).  A good place to start is www.jagsthatrun.com, get the
S-10 conversion manual.

--steve

James Pettypool wrote:

> Hi,
>         Just joined the list and I can see, I'm in over my head.  My question is
> this: I have a 94 Jimmy with the 4.3 CPI and I want to slide a 350 into it
> but because of emissions, I feel I must keep the fuel injection.
>         I understand the obvious problem of having 6 individual injectors with
> individual wires but is there an "easy fix" to get the factory injection to
> work on a 350 or is there a fix at all.
>         Please keep in mind I don't know about loading code or reading hex or
> binary but just looking for a quick fix for a lose-lose situation. Any
> advice is helpful.
>         My only thought is buying FI in a box and bolting it on and pushing the
> factory FI aside. I feel this will be very undesirable and unsitely to say
> the least. Any thoughts?
>                                                                 Thanks,
>                                                                 James :-)

Steve Ravet