Carbureted Caprice diag codes

Gabe gellett at earthlink.net
Tue May 15 02:48:52 GMT 2001

She says it's still running fine.  I haven't messed with it or test
driven it yet.  I was going to show her how to pull the codes, then the
dang thing made me look like I didn't have a clue about what I was
talking about.

Just didn't know if there was a different method for pulling codes on
carb'd vehicles, since all my experience has been on FI units....

FWIW, she said before the light came on, it started stalling on
acceleration.  They thought it was the fuel filter, so they R&R'd it.
The problem seems to have cleared up since, but now the SES light has
illuminated (now that it's running better).

I really need to take it for a drive and get some more detailed info
from her...  Just wanted to check here to make sure I didn't have my
head up my ....  well, you know...  on the diag codes.

Thanks all for your help.  I'll do a little further research.

Gabe