LT5 DIS was Re: How does a DIS

Malcolm Robb, LC 0112G Webmaster at lotus-carlton.fsnet.co.uk
Tue May 15 09:11:03 GMT 2001

Not sure if my car uses the same bits and pieces as the LT5, but my 3 coil
DIS is made up from 3 identical coils, and a mounting 'plate' containing
all the electronics and connectors. Both the coils and the plate can be
bought separately from Delco dealers. I visited one such dealer in Las
Vegas last year, and got the following part numbers :

Coils  -10472401-D555 - about $40 each
Plate - 10467202-D1998A - about $150 each

So the complete assembly would cost less than $300 if bought in parts. Here
in the UK, GM dealers charge ?1561for the assembled unit, which is about
$2400. It's cheaper to buy a first class return air ticket to the states,
have 2 weeks holiday in Vegas, and buy a DIS whilst you are there than to
buy one from GM here in Europe !

Obviously the LT5's plate will be different (4 coils not 3) but the coil's
on Shannen's LT5 pictures in the archive 'look' the same.

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Malcolm Robb, LC 0112G