EGOR Output Signal Survey

Kooser, Jacob jake_kooser at mtnsat.com
Thu May 17 19:51:05 GMT 2001

>> It is a heated 02 sensor, so I don't know what difference, if any, that
>> would make.

>Just guarantees it gets hot enough to work.

That's what I thought.  Any thoughts on the radical needle swings?

>>  The VW carb wasn't a "proper" Weber, but one of the Holley /
>> Weber "progressive" 32/36 millimeter throat carbs.  Think of a baby
>>4-barrel
>> sawed in half, and they're known for being a bitch to tune correctly.

>Some brass rod, lathe, soldering iron, metric drill bits, thumb vise all ya
>need..

Better tuning idea - give entire car to my neighbor, who later gives me 350
TBI engine & electronics out of van project he abandons...

>The
>> quadrajet is just a plain ol' q-jet.  No ccc for me me me.

>Only trouble with the CCC carbs were no one learned how to get em right.
>Other then a little fuel sloush they are are good as any EFI
>Bruce

Wouldn't mind the CCC, but for the time & trouble, I'd prefer a TPI setup.
Learned enough about carbs to know I don't really want one. ;-)

Jake