730 rev limit

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Mon May 28 04:01:07 GMT 2001

Thanks Zacek.. the barrier thing is what I'm fighting. the motor hits a wall
at 6300. the valvetrain/springs/lifters were ecpected to perform better
together but the lifters are oem GM hydraulic rollers. There are apparently
2 part numbers for 5/7L, 5.0L, and ZZ crate motors (depends on the source..
the ZZ's are listed as having one and the other) lifters....weaker 5234890
and stiffer spring 17120735's.  One other suggestion was that "heavy" stiff
springs can actually REBOUND and cause float with certain cams.
eeeeyughhhh.

My problem aside.. thanks for the input.. the '730 is capable of 7k..
good... I can eliminate that.