Idle too high. How do I adjust

ZZZ Temp-Gold Temp-Gold at HighlandsIns.com
Wed Sep 12 17:48:34 GMT 2001

This boat has a stern drive and has a 1.50:1 ratio and the stock '747 ecu
seems to do quite well in powering the vessel.

As far as mounting the VSS, Im wondering about a mechanical tach drive or
using a pulleyed mechanism and running it that way. Since we have only one
gear, it seems reasonable that using the right pulley size would allow for a
reasonable VSS signal. Im certain this could be accomplish with some of the
suggested electronic methods, but, unfortunately, I am not versed in
electronics. I can follow diagrams though, if one where available.

I have attempted to correct the idle issue by disconnecting the IAC, using
the suggested methods. This does work. However, it introduces a starting
problem. It has a hard time starting. So, Im thinking a chip mod is the most
comfortable method.

I appreciate everyone's efforts on this.

Greg