off topic but i have to say it.

Greg Hermann bearbvd at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 13 23:01:32 GMT 2001

At 8:33 PM 9/13/01, Daniel O'Connell wrote:
>I would like to concur and offer my deepest sympathies to the american
>people.I would also ask everyone to look into their hearts before urging
>your government entering into a war of retaliation where innocent people may
>be killed. I think the real answer must be a hard look at the sources of
>injustice that allows such people to gather support.

Precisely the kind of thoughts that put all of us into the pickle where
this sort of thing could happen in the first place I am afraid. Similar to
what Chaimberlain did for us all!

I have no wish to kill the innocent. I do, however, have a _VERY_ inclusive
definition of "giving aid and/or comfort to the enemy" in a time of war.
There is only one acceptable fate for those who participate in such events
directly or indirectly, and I fear that collateral damage is pretty much
inevitable unless those otherwise good people who have stood by silently
while their countrymen plot and support such activities start to ACTIVELY
turn people in, and _NOW_!

The toll in innocents will ultimately be FAR higher if it is dealt with in
any other way. I will readily admit that, if some innocents must die, that
I would prefer it to be theirs than ours! Excuuuuze me if you don't like
that!

Greg