TBI fuel pressure regulator question

Jay Vessels jwvess00 at home.com
Tue Sep 18 01:54:39 GMT 2001

Hi there!

Dad rigged a fuel pressure gauge today and powered the pump.  The gauge was
connected to the fuel filter outlet such that the fuel filter was only
connected to the gauge (i.e. no return path, just pressure to the gauge).
Reading was 15.5 psi.  I assume this is enough for a TBI pump deadheading
into a gauge.

The return line from the TBI doesn't have any fuel flowing from it when the
pump is running, so Dad's going to tear into the TBI and make sure it's
okay inside.

The real problem for me is that Dad's got the car, and his house is 90
miles away from mine, so we're having to work through some of this by phone
until I visit again.

Jay Vessels
1982 Chevrolet S-10 Sport, 2.8V6 TBI
1994 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Conv., 3.1V6 MPI

At 03:45 PM 9/17/01 -0400, you wrote:

>>  Carefully Check the Fuel Cap , The Fuel Pickup , The Fuel Line
Orientation,