Aussi VL Commodore info

Toby Corkindale tjcorkin at sa.pracom.com.au
Tue Sep 25 07:28:37 GMT 2001

Talking to a friend (with VL Commodore) on the weekend, they said that after
an autoelectrician had royally screwed their timing, their computer
proceeded to learn bad settings, such that once the timing was corrected,
the car would not run until they took it to someone who "re-programmed" the
computer and charged them quite a bit.

My opinion is that this re-programmer probably just unplugged the computer
overnight, so it was reset. Still, you never know..

I know the auto-electrician down the road from my work has wiring diagrams
for the ECM, since he helped a friend with some troubleshooting involving
it. I think it was from the Holden service manual or something.. Might be
worth asking an auto sparky yourself?

-Toby