Aussi VL Commodore info

Vim Fuego vimfuego at unite.com.au
Wed Sep 26 08:06:33 GMT 2001

> My opinion is that this re-programmer probably just unplugged the computer
> overnight, so it was reset. Still, you never know..

Well, the problem is the VL ECM (Nissan EECS) was programmed by a gimp :-)
It will actually learn O2 adjustments at idle, but there appears to be no
limits in the BLM's.
So in fact it will lean out idle mixture until there is too little INJ
opening time and the car won't run. The very same can occur when the ECM
see's the O2 as lean, it will richen it up until the car will not idle.
'Reset', yeah use that term loosely, simply pulling the power to the ECM
will take about 3days to loose the bad learn, so if you can think of how you
would hold RAM contents for several days, then there is your answer on how
to reset it :-)

Peter, you paid $3 bucks hey, geez, you could have got a Whopper value meal
for that ;-)

Vim