HELP?!?!? Fuel Injector Spraying allover....

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Sat Sep 1 03:52:56 GMT 2001

In a message dated 8/31/2001 10:58:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
AntiVenmVette007 at aol.com writes:

> Maybe in stupid, but i'd alomost be willing to bet the bank that this says
>  "F*RD"...=) Just to let you know "Vettes" are Chevy!! Now on a serious
note,

>  you guys are telling me this because I can use "F*RD" right?? That seems
>  incredible to me, any mods?? Or do they just bolt up?? TIA

Umm, yea, you can use Ford Injectors in any GM port setup. They are slightly
shorter in height, but the O rings stick up in the fuel rail well enough.
This is the hot tip for replacing TPI injectors. Summit won't guarantee them
though, since they are a racing parts house. I used 19 lb/hr Ford injectors
in my TPI with an AFPR for at least 3 months with no problems. The Ford
injectors are rated at a lower pressure than GM, so right off the bat you get
more flow from them than they are rated. With an AFPR, you can get 19s to
flow closer to 21s. The Fords are also a better design than GMs later disc
type injector. This is straight from www.lindertech.com.  JW