[Gmecm] Hard to fix oil leaks from around a 1988 2.8L oil pump drive gear

Ron Drew rjdrew
Mon Dec 26 13:25:27 UTC 2005

I apologize for asking a non-ecm specific question. Does anyone know how to
best fix a large volume oil leak from around the oil pump drive gear on a
1988 2.8L. I've tried a new O-Ring with some RTV. It seems to leak only when
the engine gets below 35 degreed F, once it's warm the o-ring seems to seal
fine. However when it's cold the volume is enough that I must fix it. I was
wondering if anyone else has struggled with this and could recommend a
solution that worked for them.

Thanks
Ron