[Gmecm] ethanol

Kelly Parker bigblockfw
Tue Jul 19 19:49:46 UTC 2005

>E85 is also not very well regulated for content.  It is usually somewhere
>between 70 and 85% Ethanol.  The rest is gasoline and up to 1% water.  This
>makes it difficult to calibrate without an alcohol content sensor, such as
>the new FFV's have, even when a permanent switch from gasoline to E85 is
>performed.

I'm curious because I have plans to make my own alcohol. I've looked into it
pretty extensively.
Getting a permit to do it is free (for small scale) and fairly simple
especially if you live on a farm. :-)
So I would be very "in tune" with the quality of the fuel.

How 'bout this alcohol content sensor?
I've never heard of them.
Got any inside info on them? (I mean literally inside....how they work)
perhaps some sort of electronic specific gravity meter??????

Kelly