Old Fashioned Tuning - Re: [Gmecm] EGT tuning (was BIG CAM TUNING)

DV Fagan dvfagan
Mon Jun 20 00:59:57 UTC 2005

Why not go to a drag strip, put a time only slip on it
and make repeated runs advancing the distributor 2
degrees per run until the et's fail to decrease.  Then
at least  you will know what max ignition advance
should be. It will be a fun evening and it shouldn't
cost a lot.  On another evening you could increase
fuel pressure with a  dozen quarters placed in the
regulator one at a time in a like manner.  No
programming and little cost (a gasket set for $6).  Or
you  could reprogram the ecm 90+ times as some on this
list claim they have done and spend years and
kilobucks on chip programmers, erasers, ALDL
interfaces, software, a laptop and PROM emulators.
It's your choice.
Dennis