[Gmecm] Getting rid of False Knock?

Andrew Hopton ahopton
Wed Mar 23 13:32:51 UTC 2005

50,000  knocks in 2 minutes is something like 1 knock for every spark event
? maybe you got some crosstalk between HT and KS wiring, as suggested by a
use shielded cable as well ?

-----Original Message-----
From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf
Of Sixpakmak15 at aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, 23 March 2005 2:18 AM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] Getting rid of False Knock?

Unfortunately I loaded one knock sensor up already, but I've got another
brand new one I can put in... either way it didn't seem to make a
difference... The knock counts where still there... All the mounts are brand
new, but I'll go over everything again to make sure nothings touching... I
guess the next question would be, what could possibly make enough noise in
the motor to create 50,000 knock counts in only a few minutes...Obviously
somthing with alot of repetition... Maybe the Rockers need adjusted? How
many knock counts does a motor that has real knock see? thanks guys...

Mike