[Gmecm] TPI CONVESION TO A LT1 MANIFOLD

Alex Harford harford
Thu May 5 13:57:59 UTC 2005

On 5/5/05, zach <fateo6 at excite.com> wrote:

> Hi im a new member to diy efi and im still learning alot, im running a 383 chevy with twin turbos and 30 psi of boost. i would like to convert my carb to a tpi. now from my understanding i need a 90-92 tpi and a 749 ecm (that needs to be reprogrammed). now i have heard that a lt1 or lt4 93-97 manifold will out perform a tpi but its harder to program the ecm since there is no removeable memcal. so my question is can i take the sensor, wiring harness, and ecm of a 90-92 tpi and manifold from a lt1 or lt4; and combine them? what would i have to do? thanks zach

Yes, you can do it.  But from what I've read, with forced induction,
the RPM limitation of TPI doesn't happen.  You'll have to research it
more, I haven't done any turbo stuff.

You might want to have a look at lt1intake.com, John does the
conversions to the LT1 manifolds (LT4's don't work).

Your other options would be a Stealth Ram or Mini Ram setup.  May be
cheaper in the long run.

I'd also recommend reading the Power Adder board on
thirdgen.org/techbb2/ if you haven't already, there's tons of guys
doing forced induction there.

BTW you may not need to find a 749 ecm, from what I hear, you can run
the 749 code in the 730 ecm.

Alex