[Gmecm] Ridiculous MAF MAP responses.

Michael Stephens 89iroc
Sun May 22 15:35:45 UTC 2005

The thing is that hte whole selling thing was a maybe. A big maybe. If you
are to continue to gain new members then you dont want to flame everyone who
mentions making a few bucks off of it. I have never been out to make money.
I have built several devices that I just offer to the hobby world. THe onyl
reason I ever considered selling one was to make someone elses life a little
eaiser. To make the conversion non EE degree required. In which case they
would owe money for the device. But anyway the idea has been scrapped. I
would love to just tune on my camaro but right now it has other isssues i
must contend with.

On 5/22/05, David Cooley <n5xmt at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> And on top of Jay's response, I can tell you first hand about leeches
> trying
> to profit off people's ideas.
> I had built an electronic boost controller for buick GN's that could be
> adapted to any turbo vehicle with an electronic bleed solenoid for boost
> control, or used with the GN solenoid to add control to any vehicle. I had
> hours and housr of time determining the proper frequency, pulsewidth etc
> control boost without causing a spike, or having boost climb too slowly to
> be useful etc. Box and parts were about 20 bucks worth once the design was
> finalized. I was building them for people and only charging for the cost
> of
> the parts and housing, and even supplied the proper weatherpack connectors
> so it was a direct plug in.
> Some prick bought one, copied the schematic and started selling them for
> 75
> bucks and advertising everywhere GN owners freq uented, and even sold one
> a good friend that I had built one for... He thought it sounded familiar
> so
> he bought one and compared them... Let me know what the ass was doing.
> When
> I confronted the jerk, he threatened me with bodily harm. I referenced my
> original messages showing dates I had designed and built (long before he
> started selling) sent copies of my schematic and his to compare how exact
> his were to mine to show it was copied, and even retained the services of
> an
> attorney. The jerk eventually quit, but the frustration of it all left a
> very sore spot... Hence when you ask "How do I do this to make a 100
> dollar
> unit" you asked for all the grief you received.

Michael Stephens

Electrical Engineering Student
University of Wyoming
http://students.uwyo.edu/falcon