[Gmecm] Re: Gmecm Digest, Vol 7, Issue 7

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Mon Sep 12 01:53:19 UTC 2005

The cruise module is a feedback control loop, which incorporates many
parameters such as orifice restrictions, throttle response, speed, etc.
Your problem is that the loop parameters don't match the system.  Either
fixing the parameters to match the system (new/modified cruise module),
or fixing the system to match the parameters (longer arm, modified
orifices) serves as fixing the problem.

> My unit is the factory AMC module in my '84 Cherokee,
> and the 2.8l WAS the big engine option until Chrysler
> bought AMC.  I don't think there's a module from a
> bigger engine that will fit (I believe the Chrysler
> Jeep unit from the I6s is different).

If you haven't already, check and see if your AMC module is actually a
GM module, or compatible with one.  If so you can try a module from a v6
camaro or something like that.  If not I think you're best off trying
one of the mechanical solutions.

--steve