[Gmecm] speed sensor and trans question for carb to TBI swap

Darryl M Gilbert dgilbert78
Mon Feb 13 04:10:33 UTC 2006

Hello: Was reading your post. I think the unit on the driver fender well
you speak of is the cruise transducer, this is purely a mechanical cruise
control device that runs a vacuum motor on the throttle. The speed sensor
is optical on the spedo head. If your spedo head does not have a
revolving reflective shutter wheel and a place to mount the opto device
you could probably pick up a later spedo head that would fit and have the
optics in it. Pick up the buffer also, just a little plastic box just
hanging on the cable. Opto device held in by one small screw on the spedo
head.
good luck
Darryl..