[Gmecm] RE: Gmecm Digest, Vol 12, Issue 19

Eck, Joel Americas Escalations Joel.Eck
Mon Feb 13 15:25:38 UTC 2006

Not sure if the '82s would already have the optical sensor or not, but
if worst comes to worst, you can just grab the speedometer with the eye
and little green box attached from the junkyard. The digging I did in my
local u-pull-it junkyards made it seem that '84-87 had it all, but
earlier models may have had it also. I paid just under $10 for it.

Good luck,
Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On
Behalf Of gmecm-request at diy-efi.org
Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2006 19:04
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: Gmecm Digest, Vol 12, Issue 19

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 11:28:45 -0800
From: "Cory Frey" <cfrey at thinkeye.com>
Subject: [Gmecm] speed sensor and trans question for carb to TBI swap
To: <gmecm at diy-efi.org>

Hello all I have tried searching through the archives for this question
but I have not had any luck .  I am converting an 82 c10 truck with a
350 SB and a 350 turbo hydromatic trans (non lock) over to a TBI setup.
I am still in the "gathering all the components stage" to do this. I
have got just about all of what I need except for a speed sensor

I have not been able to find much info on a speed sensor to add to my
setup. Do most people leave these out on their conversions?

Also since my trans is the non lock up flavor. How do I shut that
feature off in the ECM? I have the CATS RT tuner software and the
Romulator II. Is it just a matter of turning the error code switch off?

(1227747 ECM)

Thanks in advance!

-Cory