[Gmecm] RE: Gmecm Digest, Vol 12, Issue 21

Eck, Joel Americas Escalations Joel.Eck
Tue Feb 14 18:36:59 UTC 2006

My apologies, I didn't catch that it was a DIS setup. I can't speak for
that code set, but for the '7747 TBI on a small block V8 setup, you want
VSS so it controls idle properly, among other things. Searching the
archives will yield a bunch of information (and probably bickering)
about it.

On the 250, I'm not talking about the newer, small-cap, 8-pin HEI module
with the external weatherpack/metripack connectors built onto it, I'm
talking about the large cap, 7-pin HEI module, which has a
four-conductor harness that drops out of the distributor housing similar
to the other three wire harness that plugs into the cap.
(http://www.performancedistributors.com/modules.htm has pics of both
modules, and both distributors can be seen at
http://classictrucks.com/tech/0402cl_tpi_16_z.jpg) To convert a
non-computer HEI distributor to use that module, you'd have to grind
away a little of the distributor housing to allow the additional harness
to exit the housing.  But again, if you're going with DIS, then that has
nothing to do with it.