[Gmecm] MECAL reprogramming

David Allen davida1
Sun Feb 26 03:19:56 UTC 2006

  I will be needing to reprogram a Memcal before long.  I have an extra one
to "butcher" and modify for use with the Romulator device.  When I get a bin
that is satisfactory I want to flash it into a non-modified Memcal.  What
have you "old timers" been doing for an adapter to plug a complete Memcal
into a chip programmer?
  I have the eraser taken care of.  While a Memcal is too big to fit inside,
I drilled a hole in top of the plastic eraser housing, just big enough to
set the window of the EPROM chip over the UV lamp. A plastic door covers the
hole for normal use.
  My goal is to work with Memcals and never have to pry the chip out of one
that will be re-used in an ECM.
Thanks,
David