[Gmecm] Using a 1227748 ecm for fuel conrol only

Andrew Gibson andrewsharyn
Thu Jan 5 19:59:16 UTC 2006

Perhaps I should have been a little more clear on the engine. The donor car is a Cherolet Celebrity with a 2.5L 4 cyl, DIS ignition. The Recipient is a 250cid/4.2L Chev inline 6cyl in my truck. It has a 1bbl carb on it. To switch to something bigger I will need a different intake. The only thing available is a 4bbl manifold whick requires a different exhaust manifold for clearance. The other option is adapters but I don't want to loose my air velocity through that little hole in my intake. So the only option is a 1bbl tbi which coincidentally has a higher cfm rating than my carb :) The donor vehicle is cheap :) The needed adapter my wife's grandfather in California will make for free :) I'm just trying to figure out how to get the darn computer to get some kind of rpm signal to run the injector. Preferrably as simple as possible. What I am trying to find out is if the ecm will fire the injector without the 7th reference pulse.