[Gmecm] Limp home

Charles McDowell charles
Sat Jan 7 21:51:54 UTC 2006

Would someone mind giving me a brief description of how the limp home stuff
works on 7747?  Or perhaps a link someplace?  I'm concerned that once I get
my main chip programmed up right, the limp home will still be totally wrong
and won't work if/when I need it.  How specific is the limp home chip to the
engine?  I have a pretty generic 350, but the emission stuff is gone and I
have no VSS or crank, and a few other minor things.  How likely is the limp
home functionality to work from a random 7747 box I got off E-bay?  Thanks
in advance.