[Gmecm] Class2 DIY tools?

Phillip Kuhn pmkls1
Mon Jan 9 15:24:23 UTC 2006

Well, dustin there are many different theft deterrent
systems available on GM cars and they all work
different contrary to being called the same name
(passlock, passkey...). A lot of the systems that use
transponder kays have other options available that you
must have a connection to GM TIS online to be able to
program. Any of the systems that utilize a 30 min key
learn can also be learned in 10 min using a tech 2 and
the computer. Also, from what I understand, catera
keys can only be programmed at the dealer. The same
goes for SDM replacement on certain newer vehicles as
well. From what you tell me, the scan tool you use is
capable of much more than what the OTC can do from
what I have been told. One thing I am curious about is
if any aftermarket applications have a way to
communicate with the new GM LAN style vehicles.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com