[Gmecm] Class2 DIY tools?

Scott Pearson mrcad472
Mon Jan 9 20:12:20 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phillip Kuhn" <pmkls1 at yahoo.com>

> A lot of the systems that use
> transponder kays have other options available that you
> must have a connection to GM TIS online to be able to
> program. Any of the systems that utilize a 30 min key
> learn can also be learned in 10 min using a tech 2

I've done several of these with the Tech 2 without any outside connections.

> Also, from what I understand, catera
> keys can only be programmed at the dealer.

Just need a Tech 2. Beware of the 'aftermarket' keys, many of them are
designed to be cloned by some kind of locksmith machine and won't
communicate with the Tech 2.

> One thing I am curious about is
> if any aftermarket applications have a way to
> communicate with the new GM LAN style vehicles.

OTC has been advertising that the Genisys can do that without any added
modules, though I haven't had a chance to try it.

Scott