[Gmecm] Class2 DIY tools?

Dustin Lof bubblesjrtwo
Wed Jan 11 03:44:10 UTC 2006

I was only refering to the pass lock system, like on
this Bravada.  This system has two hall effect
switches and two resistors in the the lock mechanism,
and a single wire the body computer gets its
information on, you dont need any special equipmint to
make a key for this system, it only relies on two
things, a key in the hole and that it turns. by
monitoring the voltage on that single wire while
manipulating the key you can see exactly whats
happening

I thought, and here I go thinking that the pass lock
system has the security built in to the lock, and a
pass key system, be it a pass key 1,2 or 10 has the
security built in to the key

As far as learning a transponder key, my tool cant do
that, anything other than generic communication with a
Catera, my tool cant, I was told they are a can
system, is that true?  I can buy the can cable and
software.

Yes I feel my tool has more capability than the otc in
some ways, the otc has later model years where mine is
only curent to 03.  There are times that I dont trust
something or cant do something I will go get the otc,
sometimes it pays off sometimes it is a waste of time.
they both have their advantages although I do wish
though I could take the otc's five gas analyzer with
me when I Quit and go on my own. Dustin Lof