[Gmecm] TBI Swap - Iron Duke Tech IV

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Wed Mar 1 23:15:50 UTC 2006

Did you folks read the dist/DIS article I posted a few days back from
Shannen?  One piece of the problem is changing the reference angle in
the code to match the system (-60 for DIS, 0 for dist).  The other part
is modifying the "sanity checks" the code does after calculating
advance.  The code has upper and lower limits for the advance value.  If
the calculated value exceeds these limits then it's clamped to the
appropriate limit.  Calculated values for dist and DIS will be different
by 60 degrees, which is enough to always violate one of the limits,
meaning the computer will have the timing fixed at the limit at all
times.  No amount of MAP or rpm will be able to move it.  If the limits
are set to values that match the system (dist/DIS) then the calculation
happens, the value is accepted, and timing is correct.

--steve

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.