[Gmecm] a question of timing

davesnothereman at netscape.net davesnothereman
Sun Mar 19 19:35:11 UTC 2006

The Edist guys said "No way?"  To 7749 + E-dist?  Hard to believe that.
 First Edist I ever saw was hooked to a 7749.

You need a cam and crank signal to use the 7749 and Edist.  Cam signal
can't cross the timing signal.  Why did they say "no go?"

Zaphod

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike V <efi at dyakron.com>
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Sent: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 15:23:38 -0500
Subject: RE: [Gmecm] a question of timing

  Thanks Will,
 eDist was my first choice, but when the eDist folks told me it
 wouldn't work with a 749, and that I needed to buy their engine
 management system, I went looking for something else.
 The MSD 6010 has RPM/MAP programmable spark curve, download
  software, and "baseline" bin files to get you started. All for
$270-$290 US.
 It plugs into your factory LS1 coil paks and sensors.
 If you add a carb & intake manifold your LS1 is ready to go.
 But, worshipping at the "Altar of Cheap EFI & Boost", I want the
 749 to manage the fuel. I'd like it to be as idiot-proof as possible,
 at least until I become a smarter idiot 8-).
 Mike V

 At 01:53 PM 3/18/2006 -0500, you wrote:

  >I think to use an eDist on an LS1 engine, you'll also need FAST's
 >"universal crank decoder". It's far from universal because it only
does >LS1's and new Hemis, but it should do what you need it to do.