[Gmecm] a question of timing

Mike V efi
Sun Mar 19 20:48:07 UTC 2006

At 02:35 PM 3/19/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>The Edist guys said "No way?"  To 7749 + E-dist?  Hard to believe that.
>First Edist I ever saw was hooked to a 7749.
>
>You need a cam and crank signal to use the 7749 and Edist.  Cam signal
>can't cross the timing signal.  Why did they say "no go?"
>
>Zaphod

I dug through my old emails to verify.  Slight correction.
Fast didn't respond to my emails a little over a year ago, so I
  emailed an eDist dealer with questions (AZ-Speed?)
Response below

<<=====<<snip from Jan 2005 message >>=====>>
Mike,
I doubt the Edist will work without a cam sync and it responds to the
triggers from the FAST ECM. The Edist does not create the dwell timing
either. That is accomplished in the FAST ECM. I doubt that the GM PCM that
you intend to use will have a dwell table compatable with the LS1. Most of
the applications we have done used a MSD DIS to drive the coils.
I am not sure where to locate the manual. It comes with the Edist. Fire off
an email to FAST and see if they can forward one to you.
BigStuff has a new system out there that can do it all in one box. Drives
the LS1 Smart Coils directly and will also run the ASA LS1 coils direct. It
also has Electronic Trans control in the same box. Their new BigStuff Gen
III is priced at $1800 base and comes with WBO2 and wiring harness. It
includes software and programming cable. The LS1 package is more money but
they have it at $2495 including DAI option. DAI is data logging internal
where no lap top is required in the car to log data. All channels are
logged at ultra high speed to RAM on board the ECM. This can be uploaded
after the run and is easily enabled by a single toggle.
Dan