[Gmecm] Off Topic - Poll

Danny Sauer diy-efi
Sat Mar 25 04:32:03 UTC 2006

Mike wrote regarding '[Gmecm] Off Topic - Poll' on Fri, Mar 24 at 18:50:
> What percentage discount is fair? Please answer in percentages from 0%
> (no discount) to 100% (free).

As someone who often gets his wife flowers and needs them to be
delivered as I can rarely get home in time to get to the flower shop
in person, I can tell you that this has never happened to me.  But if
it did, and the card is just something they fill out (ie, not
something I wrote on), I'd be happy with any arbitrary token amount.
Give me the sales tax back - that's maybe 6%.  Give me 10% off of my
next order.  Upgrade from a vase to a basket or something like that.
Quite honestly, the amount would be far less important to me than the
idea that the flower shop's willing to do something to apologize.
Those cards cost what, about 45 cents?

Not that I expect anything beyond "We're sorry" - I guess too few
people apologize anymore, so I'm happy when I just get that much...

--Danny