[Gmecm] Bench testing a GM waste-spark DIS ignition

Tomas J. Sokorai Sch. tsokorai
Wed May 10 20:05:23 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 10 May 2006 11:44, Darryl M Gilbert wrote:
> Should work. but I would use a bit from the parallel port, write it in
> plain ole basic, should be easy. Can poke to the port and control any of
> the 8 bits. It is also bi directional so you can use it to sense stuff
> also

The problem with this, is that you need analog circuitry to make the AC signal
crossing the 0V with each pulse, to fully emulate the variable reluctance
sensor output.
And the other problem is to get a real accurate timing from a program running
on a multitasking operating system (unless you run your parallel program
under real DOS or a hard realtime OS) to try to simulate the crank up to at
least 6000 RPM.

--
Tomas J. Sokorai Sch.