[Gmecm] Back to square one

Robin Handley Robin
Wed May 17 17:29:16 UTC 2006

> What's stopping you from running the 2-BAR code?
> Sure, you'll lose some resolution, but a "turbo build"
> will always be <<whisper voice>> softly calling your name...  8-)
> A few years back I was playing with the TurbGranPrix
>   Code in a naturally aspirated 3.1 just to remove obstacles
> that were preventing me from fabbing a turbo system.
> I would just swap chip & MAP sensor and go for a drive
> while recording ALDL output.  It ran very well with the
> resulting lower resolution.(half the baro range).
> The TGP code is similar to $58 in terms of features, but
> supports the DIS of the 60deg V6 and isn't quite as hacked.
> Getting back on point.  I think you should not get hung up
> on the 1 bar option. Plug in a 2 bar sensor and try it.
> I forgot to ask what size injector you plan to run.
> MV.

I think the 2 BAR sensor is the way I'm going to go - iff I can get one
cheaply - and I'm working on that (with help). :-) With the way the Sunbird
code tables are organised, I'm not sure I'll suffer too much with
resolution - and more so on ignition than injection, which is probably the
best way around.

If I go with my DIY individual TBs and fit injector bosses to my existing
DCOE inlet manifold runners, I plan to use some injectors from the engine as
it was installed in the original vehicle (which had a single throttle body
SFI system). The injectors are Bosch 280 150 427 - which an online lookup
table rates at 240cc/min (22.95 lb/hour / 173 gram/min) assumed to be at
~36PSI (2.5 BAR).

Robin