[Gmecm] In-line fuel pumps with TBI

Tom Mandera tsm1
Mon Nov 20 15:50:55 UTC 2006

Charles McDowell wrote:
> Right now I just have a generic plastic purolator filter.  What kind of
> coarse filter are you talking about?
>
> I guess I wasn't considering that there was any considerable restriction in
> the filter.  The thing about the filter though, is that it's kind of big and
> always has air in it, which might cause trouble for a non-self priming pump.

I've always used the inline filter before the pump as a poor man's surge
tank / to help hold fuel near the pump so I wouldn't have to manually
prime it.  The pump pumps the fuel in the filter first, and that causes
a vacuum siphoning from the tank..

How much air is in your filter?  You didn't pinch the fuel line to the
tank, or put in a plugged up fuel pickup, did you? ;)

-Tom