[Gmecm] SBC TBI intake to 86 and earlier ???

Mike sonoma
Wed Jan 10 11:08:53 UTC 2007

Hi

When I installed a throttle body on my friends old Chevy 350 we used an adapter.

I didn't like the look of the adapter so I was going to use the TBI intake and modify the center bolt holes for my pre-87 engine.

After reading some of the messages here it sounds like there has been some problems using the TBI intake on the earlier engines.

What is your experience using this intake on an older small block chevy??

Also I was curious which heads are better 80-86 or 87-91 truck heads or are they about the same??