[Gmecm] entertainment and comfort bus?

Rob Handley Robin
Thu May 3 19:18:47 UTC 2007

Would it not be easier to connect the earphone o/p to phono inputs on the
back of the radio?

If this is not possible, I found the cassette interface provided better S/N
than the FM transmitter I bought.

BR,

Robin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Ravet" <Steve.Ravet at arm.com>
To: <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Sent: 03 May 2007 17:25
Subject: RE: [Gmecm] entertainment and comfort bus?

I've been wanting to connect my ipod directly to the radio instead of
using the fm transmitter that I have.  I was searching for IPOD hacks
and came across a product that does exactly that -- the ipod connects as
a CD changer and you use the radio buttons to skip forward and back,
change playlists, etc.  It's $150 but I know it can be done cheaper!
That Ipod docking connector has plenty of connections in it -- firewire,
USB, and serial, in addition to audio in/out, video out, and some
configuration pins.

--steve