[Gmecm] 181 merc 730 mixture trim adjusting tool

alan mays truckeez
Thu Aug 18 20:11:28 UTC 2011

Ok again thanks for everyones patience.? was reading the 18 yr old? fuel injection /Jeff Hartman book again,? I tried to find contact info on the net-came across magazine articles he did and got more questions,?
?
? 1.? ?My most intriguing one is-------- about a tuning mixture trim device (with one or two lenier potentiometer knobs) to instantly lean or enrich the fueling when mapping,?
?
Does moates sell a tool like this-to use with gm computers??? I have heard of aftermarket efi systems that actually have one the enthusiest installs on th dash to control things------------ just like early autos up to the late forties had a spark adjance lever attached to the steering wheel (when drivers were not idiots and actually knew what the engine needed).
?
?2.? Hartman says that the 91,2 TPI's were just batch fire,? is it simple/ possible to run it sequential as long as I have a tdc sensor and a cam sensor?
?
3.? Some enthusiests have rigged what amounts to a "spark? trigger" causing the ecu to trigger injections before cranking--providing a primer dose of fuel--like pumping the throttle on a carbed car before starting. is this do-able with the gm 730
?
? the hard parts are easier for me to grasp--and? installing sensors too,?
4.?Oxygen sensors----? we must be light years ahead of what this book knew?,? whats?a good affordable wideband tuning oxygen sensor? for tuning--one that also uses a dash guage?????
?
5.?There were add on knock sensors avalable in 93 when this book was written- would one of those cancell out that part of the prom on a 730?
?
?