[Gmecm] 181 merc 730 mixture trim adjusting tool

Avery Nisbet anisbet
Thu Aug 18 22:15:28 UTC 2011

For the O2 sensor a lot of people like the LC1 from inovate motor sport.
There are gauges available for them.  The code$59 stuff can use it as an
input to tune cruze.

Just keep your laptop in the car/truck until you start getting really
really confident in your tune.   You don't want to muck with the signals the
ECM is getting.   You will probably not find any great advantage between
batch and Sequential injection.  Most Sequential systems go into batch fire
mode at high load.  I think the GM systems did it somewhere around 3krpm.
 This is mostly due to injector flow rate and the amount of time needed to
put the fuel in the intake.

The priming is not really needed.  There is a table to edit for cold start.
 Tuning that during a couple of really cold mornings should get you going
just fine.  If you are really worried about it you could put a switch on
the Ignition relay to turn off power to the coil and then crank without
start.  Then turn the switch back on and start the engine.

-Avery