[Gmecm] Help me get my LT1 a new sticker

Thomas Martin n0dih1
Thu Sep 15 15:05:37 UTC 2011

Is your PCV system up to snuff?  That will make a difference too.

I have a filter off a 2.9L Ford V6 in mine that fits into the valve cover
and you cut back the PCV air vent line to connect to it.  Keeps the oil out
of the throttle body almost 100%.  Oil in the intake/TB doesn't help at all.

How is the spark plug gap?  Set it to stock, use stock heat range plugs.  If
you can, get a set of NGK TR4IX Iridiums gapped at stock gap.  They are the
OEM plug for the supercharged 3800's (2000 Park Ave Ultra for reference), AC
Delco PN 41-101, you can sometimes get them on sale.  The narrow tip helps
ease the spark gap.  It helps emissions.  They are a good solid plug.  Fresh
plugs are always a good idea, Iridium or not.