[Wbo2] LED brighter when sensor not connected?

IvanIn Choi ichoi
Wed Sep 28 04:10:51 UTC 2005

I having problem with heater circuit.
my low drop regulator was overheating even with good heatsink on.
so I changed to lm317 and put even bigget heatsink.

now LED comes on and heater voltage stabilizes at 10.4 V.
but LED is now a little dimmer than when I test with sensor disconected.
is this normal? or I need more voltage?
1086 was overheating crazy though it start 4V OK but like a second after it stop rising and drops to 1V right away and it's crazy hot..
BTW I'm using L2H2 sensor.
either regulator wasn't working without car running so I guess no advantage having 1086.
just dim Led bothers me..