[Wbo2] LED brighter when sensor not connected?

bcroe at juno.com bcroe
Wed Sep 28 18:19:41 UTC 2005

For openers, you need the anti oscillation capacitor added to
the circuit.

You need the anti oscillation cap to stabilize the circuit.
That is a 0.01 to 0.1 ufd ceramic added across pins
1 and 3 of D5.  There are a few other things that can
be done to improve the dynamic response of the unit,
which tends to overshoot.   Bruce Roe