Newbie

Matthews, Sam smatthe at indcon.com
Fri Dec 5 23:34:51 GMT 1997

Hi folks,

I'm new to the list, and I'd just like to confess that I'm not really
much of a fuel injection enthusiast.  Actually, I'm just a weekend
warrior, who likes to take his car to the track for time trials, etc.
 The thing that caught my eye about your list what the "do it yourself"
angle, and quite honestly, that's just because I don't have the cash to
plop down and get a turnkey product.

What I was really hoping to do (by next spring) is put together a fuel
injection system for my Porsche 914 (Type 4 VW engine) (read: put-put)
along with a distributorless crank-fire ignition.  Right now the car has
points ignition, and an old Holley 2 barrel.  I really think my car could
benifit by removing as much of the springs and gizmoze, and replace them
with solid state computer parts.  I really think that's what makes cars
what they are today.

I'm not much of a mechanic, but I am an accomplished computer "geek", so
I'm hoping I will be able (with some help) to put together a FI system
and be able to figure out how to program it, etc.

Thanks in advance...

Sam Matthews
70 Porsche 914 (Track)
81 BMW Euro 318i (Daily)