EE Help on FORD MECS

GUTHRIE JOSEPH JOSEPH_GUTHRIE at bc.sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 10 21:54:00 GMT 1997

Hey to all,
 I am an AScT. from BCIT in Instrumentation and Automation and will soon
be finishing my Computer Controls. I have a great respect for GM FI and
have had no reason to question this page on such. I do although have
little respect for FORD. My girlfriend has an 1991 Escort GT with the
1.8L MECS in it. It has been to Brown Brothers FORD several times and
they can not find the problem with it. Does anyone have a good
understanding of this system? The car will not start. The pwr to the FI
system should be 5V but is only receiving 2.2 V. I have checked the every
obvious component in the ignition system yet have found no faulty parts.
Where is the dc to dc converter? HELP!

Jose G.