Fuel pump questions

bruce plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Dec 10 22:08:38 GMT 1997

Fuel Lines:
  I don't know the answer at this stage.  The ME types have had numerous
posts about it.  Holley says above the fuel level, Mallory says below,
all the GM pick-up/sending units I can find are below.
  On my car using a Mallory Fuel Pump, and Fuel Pressure regulator, I
had to run the return line above the fuel level.  That's the only way
it would run right.
  Maybe there is a difference in the return line at the tank for the
carburetated cars.  Mine was carb'd, and I changed to TBI.
  My final routing of the lines was this, Pick-up line to fuel pump,
pressure releif valve line (disconnected pressure valve at end) was used
for tank vent, Charcoal canister line used as return line, original
return line plugged.
  Don't know why, but had problems when I used the OEM return line car.
     Just relating what worked for me.
 L8R   Bruce    nacelp at bright.net