Injector resistance.

Garfield garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Mon Dec 15 05:49:12 GMT 1997

On Sun, 14 Dec 1997 22:10:09 -0600, "Joe Chiasson"
<chiasson at hutchtel.net> wrote:

>Its a peak and hold injector,  applying 12 V will only work with a
>saturation,  hopefully you didn't see any smoke while applying the 12 V,
>that would be bad!

>> However when I apply 12V to it, it does not move or make any sound at
>> all.  I'm sure I am applying the right polarity because there are '+'
>> and '-' signes to mark the connectors.  I have measured the resistance
>> and it reads 1.9 ohms!  Is this low for an injector?  Should I apply 12V
>> DC or something differnt?

Joe, you're such a nice guy! But I wonder out loud if the resistance was
measured at 1.9ohms BEFORE he applied 12V directly, or AFTER. Hee. Even
if smoke didn't escape, if 12V doesn't make the injector clatter,
NOTHING will. Lemme see, hmm 2 ohms static means 6A flowing thru an
injector that's probably made to HOLD with somewhere between 0.5A and
0.75A max. Whelp, me I'd guess it's fried. But if it WAS fried, it
wouldn't measure 1.9ohms any more. Mysteries abound, eh?

But then, hell, whadawino?

Garfield