test equipment

Chris Morriss crsm at oroboros.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 24 13:29:07 GMT 1997

In message <34A0B56C.AA992840 at compusmart.ab.ca>, Gavin Shafer
<rupert at compusmart.ab.ca> writes
>Hello,
>
>    Recently some one mentioned that they had found plans for a build it
>your self oscilloscope on the net.  If you know where this is could you
>please give me the address.  All I really remeber is it was supposed to
>have a limmited memory that you would load it up, take it back to the
>bench for a readout.
>
>Gavin Shafer
>The new comer

I don't know if this has been mentioned on the list before, but I use a
dual-channel digital storage scope that is connected to the parallel
port on a standard pc.

It is from a UK company called Pico Technology (they have a web site),
and is the ADC100 model.  This has two 12-bit word sampling channels
with a sample rate of up to 100k samples/sec.  The software includes a
scope, meters, spectrum analyser.

I find it very useful even if the old DOS s/w is a bit clunky. They do
have windows s/w available now.

I don't know the current price but guess it's around UKP250 or $390,
best check on the web site.
--
Chris Morriss