Opel/Vauxhall's unconnected socket in the engine bay

Alexander Wenning wenning.motorsport at t-online.de
Wed Dec 24 14:49:28 GMT 1997

martin at mgass.demon.co.uk schrieb:
> Re: Alexander's Notes on Unconnected sockets in engine bay.
>
> Would this plug also be there for a XE20 16V Vectra and Omega with
> SimTec 56.X ECU ?

Yes, it is. I own a Vectra B 2.0l 16V (model 1997) and a Tigra 1.6 16V (model
1996). Both have these connectors. I´ll have a look at my cars and tell you
exactly the position after christmas.

> With standard CAT and ECU settings would you consider these engines
> to run rich or lean in most conditions ?

They are too rich at full throttle and a lean mixture gains some horsepower from
the engine. Our technicians have already tried by changing the maps.

> Also would it be necessary to remove the CAT so
> as not damage it, by moving away form Lambda 1, to fully exploit the
>  potential ?

We can´t remove the cat in Germany. Therefor we change the response time of the
lambda sensor in the eprom. After accelerating hard with a lean mixture it gets
rich again in order to cool the cat.

> p.s. Any experience of Diacom S/W and connectors with XE20 engines and
> SimTec ECUs ?

What the hell is Diacom s/w???

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Alex Wenning, Wenning Motorsport